Will it ever stop?

It is 11:30 on a Thursday nite- do you know where the Kettenrings are? You would hope we are snug at home settling down for the night- you would be wrong, but you can still hope. Nope, here we sit at a hotel out at Hamburg for the night. Why you may ask? Because the Kettenring curse has struck again. It seems just when we are recovering from one annoyance/pain/emergency/money pit, another strikes.
Around 7 PM this evening our furnace began emitting a wonderful burning/smoking smell. I said to my self, self...that ain't right. It was severe enough that it woke up Shannon, who had been dealing with a major headache and nausea all day, from a deep sleep. We made some calls to the rents, and to my uncle who is a plumber and used to work in HVAC and we were advised the furnace may be busted and may be filling our house with carbon monoxide- perhaps the reason for her sudden blinding headache and nausea?. Awesome. So we grab up the baby and our gear and head out on a little family adventure. After everything we have dealt with lately, we are actually laughing about this and I think we have finally just given up trying to figure it all out. I will recap more later, but here's a little look back at the last 9 months or so for us (the birth of our beautiful baby trumps all this pain, but I just feel the need to share the sheer lunacy of all that has happened)
May- my truck needs new brakes. $400
June- the Rodeo we have had less than a year dies on Shannon in the pouring rain on New Circle Road. No one stops to help the pregnant lady in the downpour. New alternator-$400
August- the Rodeo's glitchs continue, we begin looking at getting a new ride.
September- we trade it on on our Durango which, knock on wood, to this point has been great.
October- my truck's clutch goes out. A full repair would be $1500. We can get by with fixing the cylinders only for now- $450
January 15th or so- right outside my office, my truck throws a rod, blows the engine and leaks oil all over the road. After 8 years, 209,000 miles and a lot of fun, she has died.
One week later-it is announced my company has been bought..job security is scary, but seems hopeful still. (ask me on Monday for sure)
One week after that- our house blows up.
I am sure there is more, but for now...you see what I mean
0 Responses